New look, new brand!
I have a new look, and a new logo.
It's got history in it still, but it's looking towards the future.
I'm excited to announce my much contemplated new brand. Click the video and read below to learn more.
Be sure to read until the end for a very special offer!
Why did this business start out as Talia's Travels Photography?
In 2015-16, I was living abroad in Europe. As many people did at the time, I started a blog to keep in contact with family and friends, to share the many stories that I was hoping to find, and to share many pictures from my travels abroad.
Like many blogs, it fell by the wayside. But what did not was my passion for photography. I continued my photography as 'Talia's Travels' as it made sense to me at the time. I posted on the blog every now and then, but eventually the domain taliastravels.com just turned into a photography portfolio.
As I started working as a professional photographer, and was trying to think of a name for my business, Talia's Travels just stuck in my mind. For obvious nostalgic reasons, I just wasn't ready to let go of the name as it had many special memories behind it.
The logo for Talia's Travels was created on a free logo design website in 2015 to solve a problem - I had space for a logo on my blog and no logo to go there. It was an easy fix that stuck around, and while it still has a special place in my heart, it needed to move into a new stage.
How did I come up with this logo?
If you watch the above video, you'll better understand how the history of the logo has been represented in the new image. Although I felt like I needed to move on from the old logo, I wanted it to remain in the history of my business.
The two corners represent that stereotypical way that photographers frame up an image - you know, two hands, shaped into L's, on stretched arms pretending like it is the viewfinder of a camera. It gives a little nod to my profession and that we all start somewhere, just like a photographer starts by framing up the image.
The curves around the centre of the image represent the lens of a camera that I often see the world through. A camera lens gives you a more honed perspective of the world; and helps you search out the most beautiful parts of the world. Through the lens of a camera is my favourite way to see the world.
Why did I rebrand?
- I want this brand to represent me, accurately and personally.
- I reached an important life milestone. It made me realise that I need this brand to be something that can mature into the future, rather than living in the past.
- I wanted to create a more cohesive, more transferrable image that can be used in whatever guise. I wanted something more professional and more visually united.
To celebrate the new brand, I will be offering 20% off all bookings made before the end of April 2018. Click below to enquire now.
Terms and conditions:
- Booking deposit must be paid on or before 30th April 2018.
- Booking rates cannot be negotiated from the rates listed on the above pages.
- Discount applies to booking fee only and does not apply to any after-session costs or product purchases.
- Session date must occur before 31st December 2018.
- Normal terms and conditions apply to sessions, get in touch for more details.